Friday Bento Box

Friday, December 14, 2012

Friday Bento Box

I've been meaning to this for a long time and finally I did it. I prepared a bento lunch for Henry! 

Over at Pinterest, I have been searching for creative ways to prepare nutritious school lunches for kids and they all come in bento boxes. Bento is Japanese for "lunch in  a box".  According to WikiHow, The goal of bento boxes is entice children to finish all their food when they're in school.

Most of them I saw use silicone muffin cups. Luckily, I found them easily at Cooks Exchange in SM Megamall. I got a set of 20 for Php 250 only. (Hopefully, I to get use all of them for baking as well.)

Here's a look at my first Bento Box attempt. I gave him grapes, goldfish crackers and a PB&J sandwich cut in small squares.

First Bento Box Attempt
 I was a bit nervous at first thinking that he would not like the lunch I prepared for him. But his lunch box was empty when he got home. And he thanked me for the goldfish crackers. (Happy dance for me!)

Hopefully i make this a habit. I plan to squeeze in vegetables in his next bento box for a healthier meal. 

Now it's your turn to share. How do you usually prepare your kid's school lunch? How do you ensure they eat healthy? Please do tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of this post. Comment away. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...