Mommy Duties: The UN Day Celebration

Friday, October 19, 2012

Mommy Duties: The UN Day Celebration

October is indeed the month for costumes. Aside from Halloween, Henry also needed a costume for his school's United Nations Day celebration.

Classes in the casa level were divided to represent each of the 7 continents of the world. Henry's class got Asia and he was assigned to represent China.

Here's the costume that he needed. Aside from this he was also required to have a sash with the name of the country written on it. Parents were also given the freedom to modify the costume.


Good thing I found  My China Dolls easily online. They sell imported cheongsams for kids directly from China. I chose this emperor outfit with red vest. I also purchased the head dress from them. The owner was very easy to talk to and I even picked up the costume at her house.(If you want to order from My China Dolls then you better hurry because she mentioned that she will stop importing them to concentrate on her kids and day job. So stocks are very limited now.)


I DIY'ed his sash by creating a stencil with my Silhouette Cameo since my penmanship is really bad. 


And, here is my little Chinese emperor all dressed up with his costume and sash.


The program started with a parade with each class coming out one by one and being introduced on stage.


After which, each class performed a song and dance number. Here's Henry with his classmates after their performance.

The program finished with the whole casa level singing "I want to teach the world to sing". I was especially proud of Henry during this portion. See when I went closer to the stage to take a video, it was so obvious in his face that he was feeling very uncomfortable. But, he was still singing and doing the actions to the song. When they finished, he stood up and ran up to me to tell me that he needed to pee. No wonder he had that face, he was fighting his urge while at the same time he was trying to give a good performance. Such a trooper. At this age, he already knows that the show must go on no matter what.

Closing Song with the whole casa level

Here are more pictures from today's event. 

Me with my little trooper


Kung Fu Panda

By the way, I have to commend everyone who made this production possible. The backdrops were really amazing and all the kids were so cute in their costumes. 

So now that we're done with this, it's now time to work on that Joker costume. 

Thanks for visiting today,
Ditas

52 comments:

  1. Awww! He is so cute. I'm excited to see the Joker costume. =) It's for trick or treating right?
    -dropping by from CommEx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Yes it's for trick or treating. But the school sent a memo not to have kids wear scary costumes. So he will only be wearing his joker outfiy at our village's trick or treat party. :)

      Delete
  2. His costume was very well done :) And I love your polka dot dress sis :) Visiting from CommEx 10/16.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job mommy! Your boy is so cute with his Chinese emperor costume. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very lovely costume..little looks so happy with it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait till my baby starts to go to school and do all this fun things..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from October Blog Hop. What type of school does your little one go to? It looks pretty cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. UN celebration is indeed one of the best costume inspired event. Now it's done, here goes HALLOWEEN celebration, get ready for more creative costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. UN day is always exciting for participants specially. Lalo na din pag may anak ka na sasali sa parade so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice dress for your little one. I also remember this event during our elementary days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My little ones just had a simple parade of flags to celebrate UN Day in school. What we're preparing for now is their "Return to Neverland" Halloween party where the teacher specifically noted that we are to avoid buying costumes and instead use our creativity and resourcefulness to create them. So, good luck to us moms on that. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice costume. I like the mommy's polka dot dress, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow.. I used to do this when my eldest child was still in preschool. To add pa, I had to decorate a float! :) Nice job mommey!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A resourceful and creative mom in you. Great one! I could see how proud your son to have a mom like you and you to him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a Silhouette Cameo?! haha inggit lang :)

    Your little boy looked so cute in his costume!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Yes.. it took a looooong time for me to get it though. ang daming pros and cons checklist na nagawa. But really it's for my other baby. http://www.partyimpressions.net

      Delete
  15. Oh very nice costume. I just don't know yet what will be my son's school activity this UN Day

    ReplyDelete
  16. My daughter's United Nations Day is tomorrow. We created the costume for her and I am very excited to see this with the rest of the class. I can't wait! Cheers to us moms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The students are all cute in costumes :)

    Sayang walang united nation sa school ng anak ko :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Will you use the same costume for the Halloween? My eldest will. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was suppose tomake him a Joker costume for Halloween but he ended up using this since I was in the hospital.

      Delete
  19. he's sooo adorbs! im excited to see your son's halloween costume sis! naaaliw pa rin ako sa last post mo about his costumes from prior years... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is one school celebration that I miss! My kids' school don't celebrate this though. Wish they would!

    ReplyDelete
  21. UN Day is one of the most colorful celebrations because of the costumes children are representing. Your boy is cute on his outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  22. How cute your little boy is! Bagay na bagay ang costume!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute naman. Mommy, saw your FB page. Ang gaganda ng mga invitations. I also love DIYs and crafts :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. He looks so cute in his Emperor costume. Great production put up by the school. It looks so professional.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice costume! :) cute ni baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. he is cute in his Chinese outfit, visiting from ComEx oct 23

    ReplyDelete
  27. thats a cute little chinese person youve got there! :P

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like the costumes and the whole production especially the backdrops... never really experienced a UN day as bongga as this!

    ReplyDelete
  29. How's the joker costume coming along? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. UN reminds me when I was still in Manila... Love watching UN Parade and watch those different costumes... You have a very nice smile by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very nice costume! Reminds me of my fu zhuang, the plain, white satin I wear for Taichi. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Nice costume! Moms are really very creative pagdating sa kids natin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. He knows how to project in front of the camera. :D

    ReplyDelete
  34. I like the costume!!!Sooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the last picture with Henry and the Panda. :) It's great that you were able to find a costume easily. It would have been really stressful otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great costume. And what's his costume this Halloween? For sure it will be a much nicer one.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very nice costume! I remember when my kids were still young, I also had to prepare for the annual UN and Linggo ng Wika school events.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Cutie! Congrats to your efforts mommy, the costume looks great on your son...Hmmm, I know the lady and the photographer in your 5th photo. The stage looks familiar as well. It seems like the school where I used to teach :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Same here... Kakapagod this month talaga. I had to prepare for UN and the Trick or Treat costume too. But it was all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I remember when I was in kindergarten I also wore Chinesse costumes during our graduation ceremony. Love to see kids wearing costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Ditas! You did a great job in putting together Henry's costume! Good luck with your endeavors. Taking up medicine is difficult. I know the hardships of my brother who is a doctor but I know you can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. he's so cute! you sure are one proud mom.
    i love dressing my daughter up. too bad they weren't asked to dress up during their UN celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Good job mommy! UN duties checked =)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think of this post. Comment away. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...