Mommy Dillemma: Who will he be going as this year?

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Mommy Dillemma: Who will he be going as this year?

The search for the next costume is on.

Since Henry turned two, Halloween has become one of my favorite holidays. It's that time of the year when I can turn him into something scary.  See, I wanted to do away with the usual kiddie costumes, i.e. super heroes, animals, cartoon characters. It's a given, all kids are cute, so I didn't find it a challenge to make them even cuter with these costumes. But turning a cute kid into something scary, now that's a challenge. 

Henry's first Halloween party was at preschool when he was two. Since this one was at preschool, I just turned him into a little devil. I know he wasn't at all scary in this but all I could think of when I got this was Junior from Problem Child. Now who wouldn't be scared to have a child like him?
Henry, my little devil.
Junior from Problem Child
However, when it was time for the Trick or Treat party at our village that year, I turned him into this... 


Yep, I turned my son into Toshio. And, the only things that I needed were baby powder, lipstick and eye shadow.  Most of the small kids,and some of the big ones, got scared of him. He almost won the scariest costume that year. He was the 2nd placer. 


Last year, everyone was talking about The Walking Dead. So, I turned him into a zombie doctor. Again, baby powder and lipstick did the trick. The scrubs were pasalubong (gift) from the States. 


His dad was one of the judges for best costume that year, so obviously, he didn't get to win. But he did end up in 2nd place again. 


I still have do not know what Henry will go as this Halloween. Here are some of the ideas that I have:




Hopefully, we get to pull one of these off. And, maybe finally win best costume this year. What do you think? Do you have any suggestions? 

30 comments:

  1. To get kids scared of another kid is something lol! Tipid na sa costume, effective pa. Didn't he feel cold wearing just underpants? I can't decide between Joker and Chuckie...good choices though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! di naman sya nilamig. the weather was just right that time. Di tulad ngayon.

      Delete
  2. i love the Toshio costume!!! winner na winner!!! hihihi pero nakakaloka lang cguro ang exposure ng likod nya sa lamig ano? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. binihisan ko na din sya agad agad. after nung trick or treat. :)

      Delete
  3. Cute Henry! I still can't find a costume for my son :) Haaay, mommies talaga like us are very supportive to our kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sis, Joker is my vote. I think you only need powder or foundation, lipstick, eyeshadow and gel for his hair.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Si Chucky Doll for me! So scary! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha...cute!
    my vote is chucky for this year, hope you win again

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute kid! :) try chucky! wooooh! totally scary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Baliktad tayo, halloween is the most ignored event of the year, followed by the Valentine's Day :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Before din, my kids and I were always excited to attend Halloween Costume party. Maaga pa, we are already on a look out for costumes. But that was before...

    ReplyDelete
  10. My son really want to join the trick or treat happening on the mall before the end of this month.. visiting from ComEx Oct 16

    ReplyDelete
  11. we used to go to ayala alabang for trick or treat and my kids really love the candies which lasted for one month!
    I think the Joker is nice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahaha.... If I dress up my little girl with a scary outfit, she will get scared of herself. Your son is so brave to be Tashio. Lipstick and powder lang pala katapat ng halooween costume na yan ha... lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. joker! para my excuse to put lipstick on henry! :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. The toshio get up is so cute. Haha. Id go for joker too , show us the pics when you do!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Why he's so cute! :D even if he's dressed up to something weird, I still find him amusing to look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love your creativity. you gave me a lot of ideas for my son's costume. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely would be good to see the little guy dressed as the Joker. always a classic costume

    ReplyDelete
  18. He would be super cute as Chucky! =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I prefer cute costumes for kids but the scary chucky might win you the prize. :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahaha! If being scary is part of the criteria for judging then go the scary Chucky but if for just fun go for the Joker.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have you finally decided? Would love to see it! For the past 8 or so years we have been having our very own Halloween party here at the compound for my nephews and nieces. I didn't prepare for one this year though, because most of them are already grown up and in highschool, college even! But they are asking for it so maybe we'll still have one. Hope my little nephew can come over for that night and wear something cute or scary.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My sis-in-law also prepares for her kids' costumes and plans ahead of time. She brings them to her office for the annual trick or treat and registers them in the nearby mall too :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think of this post. Comment away. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...