The Red Pancit

Monday, November 5, 2012

The Red Pancit

UPDATED PHOTO: This is the Pancit Tikyano we had last Sunday. (03/31/2013)

Hi! How was your long weekend? Did you go anywhere? Aside from being stuck in the hospital for 5 days, I was excited to go home to Batangas City for Undas (All Soul's Day). Most especially, I was excited to come home to the great food that awaits me.

Whenever I come home to the province, there is always this one food that I look forward to - the RED pancit, or more popularly known as Pancit Tikyano or Letty's Pancit. It can only be found in Batangas City and has been a local favorite for as long as I can remember.

The pancit is delicious by itself but most of us BatangueƱos would eat it with rice. Even before all those instant ulam noodles, the Pancit Tikyano already existed. This red stir-fried noodles is topped with carrots, cabbage, pork, CHICHARON, etc. Just looking at the picture above makes my mouth water already. 

Remember how they say to eat pancit for long life? Well, my lolo and lola ate this pancit almost everyday and they lived until the ages of 92 and 93 respectively. I guess it must be true. 

I would definitely recommend it to anyone that would visit Batangas City. It's a must! The Pancit Tikyano can only be found at Letty's Restaurant in M.H. del Pilar St., Batangas City. It's near the Church of the Immaculate Concepcion.

I hope you had a great long weekend as well. 









34 comments:

  1. Red pancit is new to me and I am willing to try it if it was served to me... looks really delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Farida! It's really yummy. I grew up eating it and always look forward to it whenever I visit Batangas City, my hometown.

      Delete
  2. red pansit? wow, new to me...
    but as you described it looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  3. how does it taste like? i mean can you compare taste with other dish? :D it looks like a spaghetti! hehehe will definitely include this in my must-experience when il get to be in Batangas... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nothing like spaghetti. I don't know how to describe it basta, ulam na sya. :)

      Delete
  4. At first I thought it's an spaghetti, hindi pa..anyway it looks yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  5. What happen to you? Why stuck in the hospital for 5 days? Hope you're ok now Mommy. :)

    Mhm, red pancit? It's new to me. What's the taste? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I had a dengue scare which turned out to be systemic viral illness only. but i was really bored in the hospital. :)

      Delete
  6. Is their ketchup in this pancit? My husband puts ketchup in his pancit which was unusual for me from Cebu... but I found out, it is being done in Zamboanga!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no ketchup i think since it doesn't have that tomato sauce taste.

      Delete
  7. wow! My first time to see a red pancit.

    CE 11/6

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's looks like a really yummy dish. Will try to try out the dish the next time I visit Phillipines.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is something new to me...Red Pancit. looks delish too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the first I have read about Red Pancit. It looks like spaghetti with Pancit veggies on top.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is the first time I learned about Pancit Tikyano. It looks like a spaghetti with the veggies. I hope I'll have the chance to try this because I love pancit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I havent seen red pancit pa!!!Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks delicious! I wonder what makes it red.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's a secret that they'll never tell. LOL. But I haven't tried asking them yet though.

      Delete
  14. it looks like a spaghetti with veggies on top. i want try it..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool! I have a friend who came from Batangas! I would love to try their red-pancit there.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thought it was spaghetti. Looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, haven't heard of it, and to think I have a lot of friends who are from Batangas. LOL Will definitely check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. New to me. I would love to taste it.I am very curious to how it tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. First time I heard about this pancit. Will look for its recipe online. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is something very new to me... I've tried Batangas Bulalo but have not seen this.
    Will definitely try this when I get back to Batangas. =)


    http://www.peachyalvarez.com
    http://www.thejoyfulcrafterph.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peachy! It can only be found in Batangas City.

      Delete
  21. My first time to see this pancit. I want to try this one. :)

    From ComEx 11/6

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like spaghetti with vegetable toppings. I'm curious, why are the noodles red? What's the base sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Red Pancit? It looks like spaghetti but does it taste like it too? I'd love to get my hands on a recipe so I can try making this at home.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I thought it was spaghetti! :) First time i'm hearing about this so thank you for sharing. Will definitely try it if there's a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Interesting. It does look yummy. What makes the pancit red?

    ReplyDelete
  26. This red pancit is actually a hidden family recipe that only a few people know of it. The owner of this restaurant is a relative of mine but I don't know the recipe at all. However, my uncle who passed away in 2005 is actually one of the few that knows about this special recipe.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think of this post. Comment away. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...