5 Mommy Closet Must-Haves

Monday, November 26, 2012

5 Mommy Closet Must-Haves


5 Mommy Closet Staples



Last Thursday, I got to attend the annual Smart Parenting Magazine Meet and Greet for avid readers and fans. It was such a fun and awesome event. (read about it here).

One of the speakers was Cosmopolitan Magazine (PH) Fashion Director Donna Cuna-Pita.  Being a mom herself, Donna shared 5 closet staples that every mommy must have:

1. The little black dress (LBD)

Every mom, well every woman, should have an LBD in her closet. It's our go-to dress especially for sudden occasions. The LBD goes well with both heels and flats. Just make sure that you choose a dress depending on your own body type. 

2. Good fitting pants

We all know how hard it is to find good fitting pants. Donna advises that if we find one, buy two pairs. Why? Because chances are, we will use it often. 





3. A good set of underwear

When was the last time you bought a new set? Hopefully it wasn't during your last pregnancy. When choosing panties, go for the plain old cotton panties - preferably in beige or nude color.  Black or white can usually be seen through your clothes' fabric. And don't get the lacy ones, unwanted adipose might bulge out. 

3. All-purpose bag

You know us moms, we bring everything but the kitchen sink. Mommies should have an all purpose bag that we can grab and go. Choose a bag that you can use for several occasions, be it for a play date or a lunch date with your amigas. 

5. A crisp white top

Donna suggests that we invest on a wrinkle-resistant crisp white top. Like the LBD, it would go with anything. Plus, it provides for a classic look. 



Do you have everything on Donna's list or would you like to add something to it? Please, do tell. I'd love to hear from you. 




17 comments:

  1. I have been meaning to buy a little black dress because i know how essential and versatile it is. I should finally invest in one and stop delaying!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not into dresses now, and I dress up too practically! but these are important staples, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice post! I have yet to update my #5 and #3. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i should start saving and buy my LBD.. hehe thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think these must-haves are not only for moms but for any woman for that matter. LBD, why not...but white top for me? I don't think so. I look fat in it lol! Plus the fact that I hate seeing specks of dirt (which sometimes you can't avoid) in an immaculately clean and white top. It drives me nuts hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want the same bag. I've seen one that I like from secosana this afternoon at SM kaso hinila na ako ng husband ko kaya ayun hindi ko nabili. hmmm babalikan ko cguro.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually have everything on this list, although I do need to update my bag! I was just blog hopping!Now I'm a follower! Come see me at http://m00ngl0w.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. There were a couple of things on this list I did not have or know I needed. The Crisp white blouse is scary. I have a hard time keeping white clean. I am guess I am oging to have to do better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love that little black dress! Though I have to admit I don't have one in my closet...

    Momfever

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that jeans! I have some LBDs in my closet and that one looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love her advice on pants! Next time that I'm able to find jeans that really look good on me, I'll definitely buy two pairs of that, and yes, I have to buy a good set of underwear, too! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! I love the jeans outfit and pretty black dress too! Sounds like it was a great event! I feel like I always miss out on the good stuff! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love the jeans and poplin shirt combo with a Neverfull LV bag. Why not? :) The granny panties are a bit off for me but I find it amusing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i think its time for me to provide the number 1 to complete the must have for my closet.. thanks for the share sis

    ReplyDelete
  15. This list certainly forms a complete basics list. It's about time we check if we have them all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm pretty sure I don't have anything on this list. I did find out what kind of jeans I need to buy. I just need to go try them on.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i dont have LBD, i always read this one as a must have for girls/woman. Makanahap nga nito. The bag, i sooo agree we really need this as mom.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think of this post. Comment away. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...