Oh, How Pinteresting! 5 Kiddie Christmas crafts to try {A Spend-Less Holidays post}

Friday, November 30, 2012

Oh, How Pinteresting! 5 Kiddie Christmas crafts to try {A Spend-Less Holidays post}


I’m participating in the Spend-Less Holidays: Saving While Savoring the Season Blog Carnival, hosted by The Frugal Fil-Am and Dainty Mom. We’ll be sharing our tips on how to spend less this holiday season, so that we can have a more meaningful Christmas. Please scroll down to the end of the post to see the list of carnival entries.

I've been thinking of ways to get little Henry into the Christmas spirit. Since he started going to school, he always liked showing me his art works that he brings home. So I thought of rounding up some Christmas art activities that I found on Pinterest that I think he would like. Best of all, these crafts require materials that can easily be found around the house, so there's no need to break the bank just to give the little one some Christmas fun. They're such great ideas that I'd be too selfish not to share them with you. 

To go to the actual pin, just click on the picture.


1. Handprinted Christmas Ball - Our tree is already up but I haven't got the chance to decorate it yet. I'd like to try this so that Henry can have his own special ornament. There's no need to buy a new Christmas ball for this, just let your kids choose from what you already have. 




2. Popsicle Nativity Scene - I love this one! It looks like it's so easy to make. I may also use this activity to throw in the story of the first Christmas.





3. Thumbprint Christmas Lights strand card -  I bet Henry's grandparents would love to get a card made by their only grandchild. Henry loves finger painting so I am sure he will enjoy this one.




4. The Footprint Tree - This would have been a great keepsake for a baby's first Christmas. Unfortunately, Pinterest wasn't around yet when I had Henry. But, you know what they say, better late than never, right? I want to write Henry's name and the year it was made in gold ink then put it in a frame. This one I'm really excited about.





5.  Paper Plate Angel - Paper plate, glitters, buttons - these are the things needed to create this angel. You can hang it on your tree or put it on top. I'm sure the kiddo will be beaming with joy when he sees that his angel is the star of your Christmas tree.


Source: beafunmum.com via Sue on Pinterest


These fun activities can keep your kids occupied while you prepare for your holiday celebration. Or, you can do as a family and have fun bonding making these crafts. Just look around there house, there are many materials that you can use. 

Will you being doing some crafts with your kids this Christmas season? I'd love to know if you have other craft ideas for this coming holiday. Please feel free to share. You can email me or comment on the box below. 

Don't forget to visit the rest of the participants in this Christmas Spend-less Carnival!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of this post. Comment away. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...