Eat Right & Feel Good During Pregnancy

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Eat Right & Feel Good During Pregnancy




Today, I welcome, a guest blogger, Katie Moore of Moore from Katie whos hares with us tips on how to eat right and feel good during pregnancy. 

Eating right and exercising regularly are things all women should do on a regular basis. However, many of us look at eating right and exercising as something we want to do to look good and stay fit. When we get pregnant, some of us don’t think we have to exercise or eat right because it’s a time in our lives when we get to get fat without being unhappy and when we can eat whatever we want because we get a free pass for the next nine months. For me, this wasn’t the case. During my pregnancy I had plenty of cravings, but I didn’t give into temptation and instead used pregnancy as the perfect catalyst to jump into the best lifestyle I could manage—a healthy one! 

Feeling Great
I learned during my healthy transition that I feel more energized, happier, less tired, and better when I eat right. I decided that I would take that with me into my pregnancy because I didn’t want to give up feeling good at a time my body was working extra hard to keep my baby healthy. As a result, I spent my entire pregnancy feeling as good as I do when I wasn’t pregnant. I hardly felt sick, I slept well at night, I didn’t experience many mood swings, and I was full of energy. I felt better than ever, and I credit it to a healthy lifestyle change. 

Balancing Cravings
There are healthy ways to manage cravings. When I wanted something sweet, I ate chocolate covered strawberries. When I wanted something salty, I ate chicken sausage, red, green, and yellow bell pepper, onions, and pasta. When I felt like I needed more energy, I ate fruit. Whole grains and protein are also good to eat when you are expecting. Since the thought of milk makes me sick to my stomach on a regular basis, I had to figure out another way to get the extra calcium I needed to make my daughter healthy. I ate yogurt. I filled it with fruit sometimes. Other times I sautéed broccoli and spinach, both very high in calcium. All the alternatives I came up with were healthy, made me feel good, and made my baby healthy. 

Exercising ALOT
Furthermore, I exercised. I took plenty of naps and rested when I felt the need throughout, but I found that I slept better, longer, and deeper on the evenings I walked for a half hour with my husband. When I woke up in the morning I found that prenatal yoga gave me energy and calmed me. I was happier, healthier, and fitter. Additionally, all that exercise prepared my body for labor, which meant that I was more comfortable, labor was shorter, delivery was easy, and I felt good sooner. I also lost my baby weight very fast after both pregnancies. 

Before changing your diet and health routines too drastically, be sure to speak to your doctor. Pregnancy is a delicate time in your body so making too many changes too fast can be harmful to your health. Your doctor should help you figure out the best course of action to take. Your doctor can also educate you on other aspects of your pregnancy like preparing for labor, educating you on birthing styles, and educating you on delivery and post-delivery methods, like pain management medications and cord blood banking. With so much information on ways to improve your health, you can expect an easier labor and a smooth transition into motherhood.

Pin this!

Katie Moore has written and submitted this article. Katie is an active blogger who discusses the topics of, motherhood, children, fitness, health and all other things Mommy. She enjoys writing, blogging, and meeting new people! To connect with Katie contact her via her blog, Moore From Katie or her twitter, @moorekm26.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of this post. Comment away. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...