The Goodbye Multiply

Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Goodbye Multiply

As most of the online shops in the country, Party Impressions, my online business, started out in Multiply.com last 2009. It was the perfect platform to showcase my products and communicate with my clients. I even commissioned someone to customize my site since Multiply allowed us to practically do anything we want. This is why every online seller loved Multiply.com. Multiply helped me grow my business. Thus, when Multiply announced that they were moving to a completely e-commerce platform last year, I got pretty excited. Multiply even created a big hype about it. I was expecting major improvements. 

However, when the much talked about new platform arrived, it was a huge bust. My site's customization disappeared. It turned into something Amazon-ish, which was fine. But, some of my clients could not even access my site. 

Given that it's a new platform, I was somewhat forgiving. Maybe there were just bugs that needed to be fixed, I thought. Well, I thought wrong. Weeks came by and still nothing, Multiply.com was quiet. Yesterday, the inevitable finally happened. I received an e-mail from Jack Madrid, Multiply.com's Country Manager, stating that Multiply is closing for good. You can read Jack's e-mail below. 

Multiply.com
Dear Multiply Merchant,
We regret to inform you that Multiply will be closing the marketplace on May 6, 2013 and discontinuing all business operations by May 31, 2013.
Multiply will maintain normal site operations through May 6th and will wind things down through to the end of the month. We will use the rest of May to make sure that all accounts are settled and that you receive all funds you earned on the platform. We hope this provides you time needed to identify and migrate to alternative ecommerce platforms, settle all payments on items bought and delivered, and try to minimize disruption to your business.
In order to ensure that all your earnings are disbursed to you in full prior to May 31, we will cut off buying activity on May 6, 2013. This will ensure that all orders have sufficient time to be completed and delivered to your customers before the end of the month.
If you have a Trust Badge, please contact our customer support team and we will ensure that you receive a pro-rated refund for the remaining time on your subscription.
If my team can be of any assistance to you during this transition, we will do our best to help.
Respectfully yours,
Jack Madrid Multiply Country Manager – Philippines
It's kinda disappointing how Multiply came to an end. It was the perfect platform until all the changes happened. Oh well, you know what they say, all good things come to an end. Goodbye Multiply! Thank you! 

Are you an online seller? Do you have a Multiply store?
To what platform are you moving? 
I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of this post. Comment away. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...